My Little Family


A good depiction of the formula for all our family photos:
Francis is goofy, I'm attempting to smile sweetly and
Edwin's just like...I'd rather be nursing

There's never a dull moment with Francis, my husband of two years, a choleric go-getter who brings excitement into everything he does, and fun into my too-often serious world.  He is a romantic, passionately devoted husband and father.

If I let him, Francis would blast electronic music through the house at 6:00 a.m. and host a party every night.  I compromise by allowing acoustic folk by 7:30 and parties 2-3 times a week. I think that's fair.

Francis is a small-town boy turned city IT service manager.  In his spare time he does other computery stuff.  I'm grateful for his geeky side, both because he puts it to use providing for our family, and because he rescues me daily from the depths of technical difficulties.
Like me, Francis craves order and beauty in the home. Unlike me, he doesn't get stressed by a mess and is super-efficient at chores. I swoon when in the morning he leaves me with a kiss and sparkling kitchen as tokens of his love.

Together we love visiting friends, cooking, dancing, exploring nature, and going to all the coffee shops (at home we drink black coffee, but for treats he gets a mocha "with lots of whipped cream" and I'm a dry cappuccino kind of girl).
In true millennial-couple form we tend to spend our evenings together laughing at Netflix over ice cream or wine.

Edwin is the newly-minted one-year-old.
As I type he is on the verge of popping his first tooth (better late than never!). Edwin's been an easy going, chill little fellow from day one (God knows we can use some mellow in this melancholic and choleric household).
We couldn't be more in love with his little laugh, chubby toes, and big blue eyes filled with innocence and wonder.  Loving and raising this miniature human is a privilege and a great adventure.



See?

Comments

Popular Posts